More than half of the world’s population has reached 380 million billion Internet users
With the efforts of Reliance Jio, India has succeeded in building the world’s second largest Internet user base. India contributes 12% to all Internet users globally. According to a report by 2019 Mary Meeker on Internet Trends, Internet service provider Reliance Jio is the most innovative internet company.
The report says that the number of Internet users of 380 million billion Internet users has become more than half of the world population. It has been said that China has 21% of the world’s largest base of all Internet users. There are 8% of global internet users in the US. According to the report, the growth of global internet users is solid but slow. This increase was 6% in 2018, which was 7% in the previous year, thus decreasing it by 1%. According to the report of 2019 Mary Meeker, with 30.7 million mobile phone service customers, Reliance Jio is expanding offline access for e-commerce.
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has said that “We are building a retail market of digital retailers of digital retailers and services with the digital infrastructure and services of Reliance Retail, a hybrid, online-to-offline commerce platform.” This platform will bring together 35 million subscribers on Reliance Retail stores, 30.7 million live connectivity customers and 30 million small traders across India, which provide physical market connectivity to the last corner of the country. “
Jio is the most innovative internet company
- Reliance Jio’s free voice calls and cheap data plans have helped to increase the data usage of two times in a year.
- The report has termed the rules of Internet in India quite balanced.
- There are various regulatory bodies in India, many of whom have the power to regulate access to the Internet.
- On the content regulation, the report states that there is often no incidental public content input in the country, with some address security, often event-driven content filtering.
- It has been said that besides this, there are some censorship, usually to remove ‘offensive content’.
- Reliance announced its entry into the e-commerce segment with the hybrid online-offline model in 2018 and since then Logistics Player Grab, software firm C-Square, Regional Language Service Provider platform Riviera Languages Technologies including Logistics Government Schemes / Services Aggregator Ezgovate And multifizix simulation services, Sankhakshatra Labs and rural consumer oriented star Upup has acquired.
- According to the report, the annual data usage of Jio Network was between 17-18 exabytes (17-18 billion GB) in 2018, which is about two times the increase in the use of 9 Exabytes of data in FY 2017. In addition, the number of retail offline retail outlets is around 11,000.
- The company plans to use more than 5,100 Jio point stores located in 5,000 cities and towns for their e-commerce ventures as delivery and collection points. With this, the company is expected to expand its direct access to 95% of India’s population.