Chicago: Up to 14 people were injured in a drive-by shooting, including three children, in the Garfield Park neighborhood on Halloween night. According to WLS-TV, Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown said there were three minor victims: a 3-year-old boy, an 11-year-old boy, and a teenager who could be 13 years old. The rest of the victims were adults between the ages of 30 and 50. The Chicago Fire Department had sent at least 10 ambulances to the scene.
While talking to CBS News, Brown said the shooting was a drive-through that occurred around 9:30 p.m. and was captured on video by POD cameras; police are reviewing it. Preliminary information from the video shows at least two shooters in the crowd, but this number could change. Brown told CBS that they seemed to fire indiscriminately into the crowd.
Witnesses tell police that at least 8 shots were fired on the corner, a popular gathering place in the neighborhood. Some people at a nearby vigil that had nothing to do with the shooting said they heard the gunshots and ran away quickly.
There are varying levels of injuries currently, most being non-life-threatening and some being critical, as the person told Brown they had no reports of death.
The motive for the shooting is unknown, and police spokesman Benjamin Brown said there was no known conflict on the corner Monday night. Victims are being treated and will be interviewed, at which point more information should come to light.
With no description of the car, offender, or offense, Brown announced that there had been no arrestss made.